By Miles Watson
March 12 – 18
Music: looperman-l-3668168-0276664 by SLAVE33
- Purchase link: http://mybook.to/Amazon_DevilsUKnow
- Genre: Short story collection: horror, dark fiction, more…
- Print length: 182 pages
- Age range: These are adult stories but suitable for mature teens age 16+
- Trigger warnings: Some gore, deaths, horror components
- Formats available for the Tour: all standard electronic formats (sorry, no paperbacks)
- Amazon Rating: 5
About Devils You Know
A collection of 13 stories designed to work the head, heart and adrenal glands all at once: DEVILS YOU KNOW.
In this anthology you’ll find horror and drama, warfare and madness and crime, and even the laughs are of the midnight-black variety. You’ll encounter gangsters elbow-deep in the red business of murder, soldiers slogging through physical and moral mud, and supernatural monsters whose pleasures are taken in human blood. You will journey through a dystopian America and a just-liberated Paris, encounter ordinary men descending into madness, and meet a Nazi officer who discovers the hard way that we are all brothers under the skin.
Somewhere in these pages you will even meet Satan himself…and discover that sometimes even he can’t take the heat. So sit down, buckle up, and g.et ready to meet your devils. Just don’t be surprised if they look familiar…
Praise for Devils You Know
Miles Watson is a consummate master of the uncompromising dark. Every one of these uncomfortable stories turned me back upon myself: challenging the things I take for granted, value most, want to believe. He writes with a lightness of touch that is as disturbing as the feel of a fingernail on the spine when you thought you were alone. He has a moral compass – yes, there is moral compass in all these stories – but in every setup, every denouement, the moral compass spins again, unforgiving and elusive.
If you enjoy these dark stories, you have possibly missed the point (or they may be about YOU.) If you don’t, you needn’t feel smug: you read them anyway (and they may be about YOU.) Amazon Review
Despite the title and gruesome picture on the book, it is not a horror book. It’s a collection of short stories with the first story being a horror story and others representing a plethora of genres – world war 2, a futuristic gritty dystopia, even a civil war era story.
What I found interesting with several of these stories is he and his characters take on the daily life of the ‘bad guy’. For example, today if you watch movies about world war 2 or the civil war, you’re watching from the perspective of the protagonist victor – the allies or north, respectively. He has a knack for his stories to help you peer in to what the lives of the other people were like. Not to glorify it, but to tell a story that hasn’t been told. – Amazon Review
About the Author
Miles Watson has won more awards and accolades than almost any independent writer of his generation. His various works have won the following:
- CAGE LIFE – Shelf Unbound Best Indie Book Runner Up (2016): Zealot Script Magazine “Book of the Year” (2017); Best Indie Book Award – Mystery & Suspense (2018)
- KNUCKLE DOWN – Writer’s Digest S.P.B.A. Honorable Mention (2019); Best Indie Book Award – Suspense (2019)
- DEVILS YOU KNOW – Eric Hoffer Award for Excellence in Independent Publishing Finalist (2019)
- THE NUMBERS GAME – Pinnacle Book Achievement Award – Novella – (2019)
- NOSFERATU – Pinnacle Book Achievement Award – Novella – (2020)
- SINNER’S CROSS – Best Indie Book Award – Historical Fiction – (2019); Book Excellence Award – Action (2020); Literary Titan Book Award – Gold Medal (2020); Independent Author Network Book of the Year Awards – Finalist (2020)
He holds undergraduate degrees in Criminal Justice and History and a Masters of Fine Arts in Writing Popular Fiction, and served in law enforcement for nearly ten years before moving to Los Angeles, where he has worked on over 200 episodes of television and half a dozen feature films. But his first and last passion is writing.
Reviewers – please complete the form below if you would like to take part in this Tour, March 18-21