October Quick Bite – chose one or more from a new collection of short horror stories
- Genre: Horror, short stories
- Amazon link: http://mybook.to/Ekleipsis – to be published October 29 2021
- Length: various
- Age range: These are adult stories but suitable for mature teenagers 16+
- Formats available for the Tour: all standard electronic formats
This new collection of horror stories by a prize winning author is to be published on 29 October. If you sign up to review, we will send you a copy of the full collection. You are welcome to read and review the whole collection, but our ask is that you read at least one story and post a review of that story on Goodreads and/or Amazon.
About Ékleipsis – the Abyss
The seed of evil has been planted …
What will happen when its roots take hold?
Ékleipsis: The Abyss is the second short story collection by the award-winning author.
Tales of depravation and insanity are woven together with unrelenting style and depth, scrutinizing human nature’s degeneration when compromised by tragic, vicious circumstances.
These complex, wretched individuals and the irremediable conditions they are desperate to claw out of—or into—invoke the unfathomable question: What devastation are we truly capable of when left with no way out but down . . . into the obscurity of the abyss?
Pick a story!
- Marlene: A journalist ghostwriting a biography of a luminary. 54 pages
- No Place Like Home: A well-known family blogger learns a thing or two of fame. 52 pages
- En Prise: A hitchhiker looking for a fresh start. 63 pages
- All Day and a Night: Two wardens encountering a hunting trip of a lifetime. 45 pages
- Blue Devils: A washed out jazz singer getting the blues. 48 pages
- The Descent: A pilot attempting to find his true path. 47 pages
Praise for Tamel Wino’s writing:
- “Ékleipsis is a compilation of dark and deliciously twisted stories that are bound to raise the hairs on the back of your neck and chill you to your bones. Complemented by a wildly creative imagination, author Tamel Wino pulls no punches and delivers a powerful and riveting narrative.” ― Pikasho Deka for Readers’ Favorite
- “Where the first story of the anthology is a slow, creaky climb to the top of the roller coaster, the following four are a stomach-in-throat thrill ride that begins straight off the curve. The horror shelf is an ambitious place for a debut author to start but if Ékleipsis is where Wino has set the bar, I am excited to see what comes next.” ― Asher Syed for Readers’ Favorite
- “Ékleipsis is the collection of short horror stories that blurs the line between reality and fantasy. Provocative, clever characters lead these unpredictable, suspenseful short stories that lovers of horror will revel at.” ― The Book Review Directory
- “Ekleipsis is a thought-provoking collection of stories that explore themes such as anger, addiction, jealousy, doubt, loss, and various other emotions that plague humanity. All of this is captured in the deep and complex characters coloring the pages.” ― Literary Titan
About the Author
Tamel Wino is a Canadian fiction writer from the resplendent British Columbia whose works focus largely on degeneration of sanity and morality. He studied Health Sciences and Psychology, which only furthered his interest in human nature.
With inspirations including Alice Munro, Chuck Palahniuk, Cormac McCarthy, Stephen King, Margaret Atwood and Edgar Allan Poe; Tamel’s expositions are strongly grounded in traditions of dark fiction. Yet, with his bold narrative voice and incisive plot construction, Wino is paving a new movement within the space.
When he’s not reading or scribbling away on his laptop, Tamel loves listening to jazz, rewatching good ol’ classic shows and traveling.
Sign up to review any of these short stories
(We’ll send you the collection – take your pick)